Marco Somà was born in Cuneo in 1983.
After studying painting at the Academy of Fine Arts,
he attends the Master in Illustration for Publishing Ars in Fabula in Macerata.
He works as an illustrator of children’s books and is a lecturer at the Academy of Fine Arts in Cuneo e
the Illustration School for Publishing Ars in Fabula of Macerata.
SELECTIONS AND AWARDS:
– Golden slipper 2010: Special Prize for the technique
– Annual 2011 of the Illustrators Association,
– 31st Edition of the Images of the Fantasy of Sarmede,
– Biennial of illustration of Bratislava in 2013
– Bologna Illustrators Exhibition (2011, 2013, 2014 and 2016).
– The Original Art Exhibit, Society of Illustrators, New York City 2017
– “Emanuele Luzzati Award -Giant of the Langhe – XIIIth Edition” for “The Queen of the frogs cannot get her feet wet”, kite Edizioni, 2015
– “Giovanni Arpino Award – XVth Edition” for “Robot”, Rizzoli Editore, 2015
– 2nd prize at the Sharjah Exhibition for Children’s Books Illustrations for “The Call of the Swamp”, 2017